Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and all recommendations contained here are my own. Little Home Cookbook uses affiliate and referral links, which allow me to receive a small commission if you decide to purchase through one of my links.
- 1 whole onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 apples (peel on, seeds and core out)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Peel butternut squash.
- Cut off the bulb of your squash and cut that portion in half to remove seeds and guts.
- Peel and cut onion into eighths.
- Peel garlic.
- Place the squash bulb, onion and garlic on a roasting pan and put in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. (Or pour into a soup pot and use your immersion blender).
- Feel free to add some water to rinse the creamy mess left in your blender into your soup to make it a thickness you enjoy.
- Add your garnish of choice and enjoy your immunity boosting food filled soup!